(Associate) National Account Manager - Penguin Young ReadersApply now »
Date: May 20, 2017
Location: New York, NY, US, 10014
Status: Open Position
Company: Penguin Random House US
Requisition ID: 5487
Is the next step in your career managing a key national account in an exciting, fast-paced work environment? Then we may have the perfect opportunity for you!
We are seeking an Associate National Account Manager or a National Account Manager to oversee all aspects of selling Penguin Young Readers titles to Barnes & Noble. The role will work closely with this key retailer and will coordinate with other in-house departments to develop sales programs, promotions, and author events while increasing the presence of PYR titles throughout the year.
This position takes place in our 345 Hudson Street office.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Building and maintaining a productive relationship with the Barnes & Noble account.
- Pitching and selling frontlist titles on a monthly basis to all Barnes & Noble channels of distribution (retail and online) and presenting results in regular sales reports.
- Performing detailed sales analysis, including forecasting demand, tracking sales, and defining opportunities.
- Developing and maintaining comprehensive knowledge of the PYR title base as well as competitor, consumer, and industry trends.
- Managing and substantially growing the PYR backlist sales through regular backlist analysis and development of backlist programs.
- Tracking orders and managing the Barnes & Noble co-op pool.
- Actively participating in vendor managed inventory systems and providing recommendations.
- Preparing and presenting seasonal previews to account.
- Providing constructive feedback at various in-house meetings.
- Aiding in the development of seasonal plans and promotions of products by working with the internal marketing, publicity, and online departments.
Please apply if you meet the following qualifications:
- 4 year college degree or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 3 years of publishing sales experience; direct selling experience strongly preferred
- Experience with children’s book sales is a plus
- Excellent analytical skills
- Superb written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to successfully manage internal and external relationships
- Highly organized and self-motivated
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
- Excellent presentation skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Experience with SAP and/or Business Objects a plus
Please apply using our online application process, and please include your resume and cover letter with salary requirements. Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program.
Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution. Our vibrant and diverse international community of nearly 250 publishing brands and imprints include Ballantine Bantam Dell, Berkley, Clarkson Potter, Crown, DK, Doubleday, Dutton, Fodor’s, Grosset & Dunlap, Little Golden Books, Knopf, Modern Library, Pantheon, Penguin Books, Penguin Press, Penguin Random House Audio, Penguin Young Readers, Portfolio, Puffin, Putnam, Random House, Random House Children’s Books, Riverhead, Ten Speed Press, Viking, and Vintage, among others. More information can be found at http://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/.
Penguin Random House values the array of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
Nearest Major Market: Manhattan
Nearest Secondary Market: New York City
Job Segment: Account Manager, ERP, Manager, Marketing Manager, SAP, Sales, Technology, Management, Marketing