Senior DeveloperApply now »
Date: May 2, 2017
Location: New York, NY, US, 10019
Status: Open Position
Company: Penguin Random House US
Requisition ID: 7949
Penguin Random House is seeking an enthusiastic Senior Developer interested in being part of the changing media world. In this position you will enhance and support the Rights Management System, custom developed in SAP, and its interfaces with delivered SAP modules and custom Web applications. We are looking for a talented individual with the ability to creatively troubleshoot and solve system problems, be an analytical thinker, show an aptitude for design and innovation, and enjoy doing so in a collaborative environment with business leads and other IT professionals.
- Minimum 5 years solid ABAP Programming experience in SAP R3 4.7 or higher, preferably 6.0
- SAP custom ABAP development experience including dialogue programming, SAP Forms/SAP Script, ALV reporting, IDOC processing, Data Dictionary and use of function modules, RFCs, BAPIs, WebServices
- Possess ability to:
- Comprehend complex business processes and take ownership of their support
- Collaborate with end users to analyze and document requirements for new business processes or changes to existing processes
- Consult with technical leads and team members to design solutions to support business requirements
- Organize tasks and manage time to complete multiple, diverse assignments within a scheduled timeframe.
- Experience with MM, SD, AP, FI, and/or BI modules, SAP Personas or SAP Fiori, and HTML a plus
- Business knowledge of royalty and rights processing and/or general accounting desirable
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business, or equivalent coursework
Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution. Our vibrant and diverse international community of nearly 250 publishing brands and imprints include Ballantine Bantam Dell, Berkley, Clarkson Potter, Crown, DK, Doubleday, Dutton, Grosset & Dunlap, Little Golden Books, Knopf, Modern Library, Pantheon, Penguin Books, Penguin Press, Penguin Random House Audio, Penguin Young Readers, Portfolio, Puffin, Putnam, Random House, Random House Children’s Books, Riverhead, Ten Speed Press, Viking, and Vintage, among others. More information can be found at http://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/.
Penguin Random House values the array of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
Nearest Major Market: Manhattan
Nearest Secondary Market: New York City
Job Segment: ERP, SAP, Developer, Media Publishing, Computer Science, Technology, Publishing